Colona Grade School Nurse:

Mrs. Jill Teerlinck
[email protected]

The School Code of the State of Illinois requires all students entering pre-school, kindergarten or first grade, and sixth grade, as well as students transferring into Illinois from out-of-state or out-of country or enrolling in public school for the first time to have a health examination and up to date childhood immunizations. The health examination form and proof of immunizations are due by October 15 of the school year.

Students in fifth through eighth grade who intend to participate in interscholastic sports MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL ON FILE. The physical is good for one year from the date the physical is completed. This is required for each year of participation.

A dental examination is required for kindergarten, second grade and sixth grade and proof of such examination must be submitted by May 15 of the school year.

An eye examination is required for all kindergarten students and any out of state students entering an Illinois school.

Helpful Resources


Illinois Department of Public Health:


Meningococcal Disease:


Mental Health

Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Lifeline) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), or text the Crisis Text Line (text HELLO to 741741). Both services are free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls are confidential. Contact social media outlets directly if you are concerned about a friend’s social media updates or dial 911 in an emergency. Learn more on the Lifeline’s website or the Crisis Text Line’s website.

Public Act 102-134, which was signed and immediately went into effect on July 23, 2021, provides that "each school district shall provide contact information for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and for the Crisis Text Line on the back of each student identification card issued by the school district. If the school district does not issue student identification cards to its students or to all of its students, the school district must publish this information on its website.


Student Accident Insurance

Student Accident Insurance is offered through ISDA.  Please click on the link for more information.